The Tribeca Music Film Challenge has been announced. Participants had to create a film using Damon’s song Heavy Seas of Love. The winner is Jakub Romanowicz from Poland and you can watch the film on Genero’s site.
Damon will be at Fnac Saint-Lazare for a signing, Monday, May 5, from 5pm. To participate, you just have to come and pick up invitations on the same day from 10am.
- Is your daughter, Missy, going to a public or private school?
- DA: Interestingly enough, my daughter was raised in the Spanish system, the international Spanish school in London is next to our house. So my daughter speaks very good Spanish. It was the best elementary school in the area and she's very happy there.
- How is your daughter?
- DA: Now she's 14 years old. She loves music. And photography, cinema, fashion, football. Last week she had the opportunity to meet her favorite player, Fernando Torres, and spoke in Spanish to him. He's really cool. I just wish he scored goals. But I know he knows that - I need not remind him. Oh, and that same day I had the opportunity to meet Mourinho, whom I idolize.
- Maybe that's not something to be saying in Spain..
- DA: I know, I know [laughs]. But we have strong emotional ties to Spain. Suzi and I began to study Spanish while Missy was too but we dropped it. I found myself doing what she did at school: making up excuses for not doing my homework. My creativity was being channeled to invent excuses for not doing homework. And that was not good for anyone.
- -Damon Albarn | El Pais interview | Apr. 13, 2014